2 (12 oz bags) Frozen Cut Green Beans
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
Black Pepper (to taste)
6 strips of Bacon
1 tbsp Bacon Fat
3 tsp Sea Salt
2 cups Water
- Cut up your bacon with kitchen shears directly into pot. Brown until crispy. Leave both bacon and fat in the pot.
- Add green beans, onion and garlic powder, salt, a few cracks of black pepper, and water. Stir well lifting bits on bottom of the pan.
- Cover and let simmer on medium for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes open and stir, cook covered for another 7 minutes.
- For last 5 minutes leave the lid off to reduce liquid and they should be tender and tasty. You want some liquid about 1/2 cup left.
- Top it off at the end with an extra tbsp of bacon fat. If you don’t have bacon fat lying around like I do you can cook a little extra bacon.
- Prep Time: 2
- Cook Time: 33
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 93
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 NC
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: green beans, sides, keto thanksgiving