Macros Per Serving (1 donut):
Net Carbs: 2g
- Blanched Almond Flour | 1 cup (112 g)
- Sea Salt | 1/16th tsp
- Swerve Confectioners | 6 tbsp
- Water | 1/4 cup
- Butter | 4 tbsp
- Xanthum Gum | 1/16 tsp
- Baking Powder | 1 tsp
- Sour Cream | 1/4 cup
- Egg | 1 large
- Vanilla Extract | 1/4 tsp
- Bacon | 6 tbsp
- Lakanto Maple Syrup | 1/4 cup
- Swerve Confectioners | 3 tbsp
- 1. Preheat oven to 350. Prepare Dry Ingredients: Add blanched almond flour, sea salt, xanthum gum, baking powder and Swerve to a bowl and set aside.
- 2. Prepare Wet Ingredient: Add sour cream, egg, and vanilla extract to a bowl mix and set aside.
- 3. KBT: In a medium sized saucepan on medium heat add butter then water. Bring to a simmer just until butter is melted and immediately add dry mix. It will come together pretty quickly and make what looks like a dough.
- 4. Immediately turn off heat once dough is formed.
- 5. Remove from pan and place into a separate bowl and allow to cool for 4 minutes.
- 6. Add wet ingredients to the dough and mix until it come together to look like a batter with no streaks left.
- 7. If you have a piping bag you can use that, but if not, get a drinking glass and a gallon size ziptop bag. Add the bag to the glass and fill it with the mixture.
- 8. Lightly grease the inside of your silicone mold with a little oil of your choice. I chose extra light olive oil. Although silicone I still found they stuck a little with no oil, so just a precaution.
- 9. Gather up the bag once filled and snip one corner to fill your silicone donut mold.
- 10. Add donuts to the oven, preferably on a cooling rack lined baking sheet and bake on 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 11. Let them cool for at least 30-60 minutes before removing from the mold to minimize them breaking apart (longer is better, the cooler they are the less breakage).
- 12. Remove and sit on cooling rack.
- 13. Prepare glaze: Add Lakanto Maple Syrup and Swerve to a saucepan and bring to a simmer to reduce down to get a syrup about 4 minutes on medium heat.
- 14. Let it cool for about 30 seconds and start to glaze donuts. In video I drizzled at the end, but you can dip twice for a smoother finish. If you choose to dip twice, dip each donut once and place on cooling rack and on the second go round dip and immediately add bacon before it cools so the bacon sticks.
- 15. That’s it! You can no enjoy!
Use blanched almond flour! The brand of almond flour you use can drastically change the net carbs here! For instance I had two different brands both with a 1/4 cup (28g) servings size. One was 6 net carbs per serving and the other 3 net carbs! That’s half and can really make a big difference!
Measure your almond flour in grams if you have a food scale. If not be sure you don’t pack it!
Buy Bacon Pieces in the salad section generally to speed things up or you can cook some and chop it up.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 251
- Fat: 22 g