To kick off the official inKE30 Series is this yummy keto lemon mustard chicken! inKE30 is our new series featuring original FatUp recipes that take 30 minutes or less to prepare. Tasty doesn’t have to mean a million ingredients and tons of time in the kitchen, “Ain’t nobody got time fa dat!”
That is all you need in addition to the chicken of course to make this super simple dish! I love to pair this one with simple sliced cucumber drizzled with extra marinade but could work perfectly with broccoli, asparagus, salad, or any of your favorite greens.
This simple marinade may become one of your go to’s because it comes together super fast and can be used as a simple dressing or to marinate your favorite meats. For this recipe, we are cooking to reduce down the extra marinade which allows you to drizzle it all over that yummy chicken and cucumbers without wasting a drop of that marinating liquid. A simple 10-minute marinading session on the chicken thigh slices is all you need and it’s ready to cook, saving time! Yes and yes again for that!
I chose chicken thighs one because it’s one of my favorites because it’s juicy and less likely to dry out and two because it’s a fattier cut which we generally always want in keto when possible. Chicken thighs are one of the most forgiving parts of the chicken and it’s pretty hard to overcook and dry it out, unlike breast which can become dry very quickly with overcooking. You want to slice the chicken thighs against the grain into about 1/4 inch pieces and then they are ready for the marinade.
Make sure your wok or skillet is HOT! We want to get a little color, but even if you mess this part up and get some extra juice in the pan, don’t worry you can remove the excess liquid for later, and that’s where our friend Confectioners Swerve comes in right at the end to save the day! You know I love this stuff! It adds a nice browning and also balances out the tang right at the end!
Alright enough talking, let’s get to the recipe!
Macros Per Serving: Calories: 535 Net Carbs: 2g Protein: 38g Fat: 41g
- 1 lb of chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp Confectioners Swerve
- 1 tbsp extra light olive oil
- 1/4 cup of spicy mustard
- 2 tbsp extra light olive oil
- 1 medium lemon zest
- Juice of one medium lemon (approx. 4 tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 5 drops liquid stevia
- Combine all marinade ingredients in bowl and set aside.
- Prep chicken. Wash and trim (if desired) and slice into approx 1/4 slices against the grain. Weigh out 1 lb of raw chicken.
- Add chicken to 1/4 cup of the marinade, add addition 1/2 tsp of salt, mix thoroughly and set aside for 10 minutes to marinade.
- Prep cucumber (optional). Create thin slices of desired amount and set aside.
- Heat wok until you see a slight smoke, then add 1 tbsp of extra light olive oil or oil of choice and add chicken.
- Spread chicken out as much as possible to avoid stewing. If too much liquid forms (you will know because you will not get browning) after about 3 minutes scoop most of it out and set aside. Continue to cook until done approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of Confectioners Swerve on top of the chicken and stir fry for additional 1-2 minutes until you get some nice color.
- If you have a good amount of marinade liquid you can add it back into the pan after the chicken is done and removed. Reduce for a couple minutes until slightly thickened over medium heat and drizzle it on top of the chicken and/or use the reserved unused marinade to create more sauce doing the same. Like a little tang? Use the unused portion that has not touched chicken as is. Perfect for the chicken and sides.
Add cucumbers or any greens of your choice to accompany the chicken.